Wednesday, May 6, 2009

La la la la Elmo's World

Sesame street is Goosie's absolute favorite show right now, and, well, it's the only show she's watching right now. She really is only interested in the Elmo's World segment of the show. In fact, she whines, "wanna watch Elmo show" when any other part of Sesame Street is on. So, I thought it would only be fitting that her second birthday party would be an Elmo Party. (Confused? The other birthday photos I posted were from her actual birthday, which was also Easter this year. We figured our friends were gonna be busy with their families that day, so we decided to have her 'friends' party on a different weekend.)

When we were talking with Goosie, before she turned two, about what she would like for her birthday party she told us, cake and a jumper. What else would a two year old want? So, a planning I did go...

With the help of one of my closest friends, Rachel, I tried my hand at cake making. I had seen a few cupcake cakes of Elmo's face on the internet; and got it in my head that that's what I had to do. You really don't want to know how much red food coloring gel I put into the frosting to get it this red, but it still tasted good.
I had a few cupcakes left over so we made some 'Dorothy's' with goldfish crackers too.

For decorations, I tried to replicate some of the drawings that are on Elmo's walls on the show, and we got a bouquet of Elmo balloons. I also filled fish bowls with goldfish crackers and put them outside on the tables for snacks.

I decorated our tv to look like it was Elmo's tv featuring our sweet girl
I spent more hours than I'm willing to admit on these magnets that I made for kids (and adults) to assemble and take home for their fridge.And this was Goosie's that she made at the party...
We also rented an Elmo jumper. I love the company we rented it from-Party on Rentals. They even cleaned the inside after they set it up.
Needless to say, she enjoyed the jumper. And made almost everyone at the party go in too. I even heard grandma got in there with her, the good sport that she is. I wish I had a picture of that.

We took a break from the bouncing to have some cake and open gifts.

Where was Doobie? He was in his full glory; in the loving arms of all the women at the party, of course. Here he is with Auntie Dee.
It was such a wonderful day. And though I know that she won't remember it at all, I'm glad she'll have these photos to look back on one day.